I think this may be the cutest craft ever. I seriously can’t get enough of these tutus. Watch the tutorial and you’ll see what I mean. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the YouTube Channel!!
- Scissors (find a similar leopard pair of scissors here)
- Tape Measure
Total cost: $12
Time: 30 minutes
- Cut elastic 2 inches shorter than flower girls waist measurements.
- Use fabric glue to hold the elastic together.
- Cut tulle into 2 foot long pieces.
- Wrap the elastic around your leg to hold it into place.
- Take one piece of tulle and hold it in half. Thread the tulle under the elastic, leading with the folded end.
- Take the two ends of the tulle on top, pull them through the folded end (loop). Continue pulling down and use the index finger from your other hand to place the knot and tighten as you pull. Repeat this step until tutu is complete. Trim ends if needed.
- I also suggest doing a few cross stitches on the elastic for extra hold.
- Adjust the length of the skirt but cutting longer stripes of tulle.
- Perfect for flower girls, birthdays, baby showers, etc.
- Tulle is available in a wide variety of colors so it is easy to match the wedding color palette. I used the glitter tulle for one of the tutus I made and I need to warn you, that the glitter gets EVERYWHERE. If you do want to use it, I suggest doing the craft outside, or avoiding using the glitter tulle altogether so that you aren’t constantly cleaning it up.
Also, if you like working with tulle check out my other tutorial on how to make a tulle headpiece.