I love hosting dinner parties but with food allergies on the rise it can often create a challenge for the host and the guest (I know from experience). If you are unsure, it’s not uncommon to ask your guests ahead of time if their diets have changed. Your guests will appreciate you going the extra mile to make them feel welcomed in your home. Check out my tutorial video on ways you can easily label the food for guests who have allergies. For more entertaining tips, subscribe to the Likeheared channel: http://www.youtube.com/iamlikehearted
Total cost: Under $25 – $18 of this is for the Animal Stamps since I didn’t already own them
Time: 15 minutes
- Make a key letting your guests know what the stamps stand for. For example, I used the cow stamp to mean “contains dairy.”
- For the the menu cards I used the “business cards” from Papersource, they are pre-cut and just the size I needed.
- Write out the dish name on a menu card with a sharpie.
- Use stamps with ink pad to tell what allergies are in the food.
Allergy Free Entertaining Tips:
- Avoid cross contamination by using separate serving utensils with each dish.
- Keep all food labels in case someone wants to double check the ingredients.
- Ask guests to bring something other than food: bottle of wine, flowers or ice, that way you can control what food is served.