With wedding season fast approaching, many brides-to-be are looking for unique ways to customize their big day. In this tutorial I’ll show you how to create a Tulle Headpiece that can either be worn by the bride, flower girls or wedding party. This is a great way to call out the bride for a bachelorette party as well (especially if you aren’t into the typical bachelorette decor).
- 8 inch wide tulle (12 pieces)
- Headband or combs
- Scissors (find a similar leopard pair of scissors here)
- Hot Glue Gun
Total cost: Under $10
Time: 20 minutes
- Cut 12 pieces of tulle into 8 inch strips.
- Cut 6 inch piece of twine and set aside.
- Layer pieces of tulle on top of each other, alternating directions.
- Fold tulle in half and pinch the bottom together, secure with twine.
- Secure tulle to headband with a drop of hot glue and hold in place until dry.
- I prefer to use tulle with texture like the birdcage type or I mixed regular tulle with a swiss dot style in the video.
- If you are going to use a comb you will only need 6-8 pieces of tulle depending on the fullness you want.
- Using a straight edge/square shape tulle will give you a more avant garde look, using rounded edge/circle shape tulle will give you more of a rosette style.
- Have the bride where it the Bachelorette party and/or bridal shower in order to call out the bride-to-be.
- Consider making versions for the bridesmaids or flower girls, tulle comes in various colors that will match the wedding color palette.
Leave a comment and let me know if there are other tutorials you would like to see!