Last Sunday I turned the big 3-0! I headed to Los Angeles where I got to celebrate the last days in my twenties with amazing friends and great food. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. Oh, and did I mention we went to the Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z Legends of the Summer tour at the Rose Bowl!?! Best. Birthday. Ever.
I’m in LA a few times a year and this trip we hit all new spots to eat and drink. I wanted to share with you all where we went cause there was no complaints about anything! I would go back to anyone of these places in a heartbeat. What are you favorite spots to eat and play at in LA?
The Village: Chill little spot in Studio City where you are sure to spot a celebrity (we did before we even sat down at our table).
- Eats: Black Mussels, La Loggia Chopped Salad, Crispy Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, Cheese Platter
- Toddies: The Spicy Native, Blacklisted Basil
Blu Jam Cafe: The portions are big, so you could definitely share a dish. I was so full but just kept eating because it is so good.
- Eats: Chilaquiles, Migas, Spicy Tex Mex Hash, Blueberry Pancakes
- Toddies: Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice, Kamil’s favorite juice combo (carrot, beet, celery & ginger)
Cleo: If you want a real LA/Hollywood vibe this place will provide it but without the pretentious attitude.
- Eats: Lebaneh with Feta, Hummus, Spicy Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts (must have!), Pork Belly Kebabs, Falafel, Grilled Octopus
- Toddies: Mediterranean Margarita, Clementina, Lotus Flower
Sassafras: We headed here after dinner at Cleo. Sassafras makes you feel like you are in a prohibition bar in the south rather than in downtown LA. There is a laundry list of whiskey to pick from and the live music is a can’t miss.
Eveleigh: Hands down my favorite place of the weekend! Loved the decor and the views of LA from the outdoor deck (and the waiters were easy on the eyes too!!). They were super accommodating to my gluten allergy and the substitute dishes were delicious! I put a “gf” next to the food items they made gluten free for me.
- Eats: Granola (gf), Spiced Banana Bread w/ Lemon Yogurt, Avocado Toast (gf, the boiled egg gribiche was to die for!), Spelt Hot Cakes (gf), Baked Eggs, Bubble & Squeak, Truffled Fries
- Toddies: Almond Milk Latte, French Press Coffee
Melrose Trading Post: Of course we did some vintage shopping!
Brunch at Eveleigh
Birthday favor that my BFF made, there was gluten free cookies inside that bag
A stop at Whole Foods for a picnic in the park at the Rose Bowl before the concert
Justin, Justin, Justin!!