I have been promising this recipe for awhile, here you go! It’s great to have on hand during the holidays, especially if you have any unexpected guests that show up. It so easy to warm up, pour over chicken and/or pasta. It even makes for a great hostess gift for all those holiday parties you may be attending, package it with some dry pasta in a cute basket and voila, instant homemade gift!
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 5 cloves of peeled garlic (can use less, depending on your taste preference)
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- Lemon juice (1/2 of fresh lemon)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Optional – Parmesan cheese about 1/2 cup (or keep it out to make it vegan)
- In a food processor add the basil, spinach, garlic, almonds, lemon juice, salt & pepper and blend together.
- While the food processor is going, slowly pour in the olive oil. Keep adding until you get your desired consistency. I like mine a little more on the chunky side.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.