This post is way overdo, things have been a little busy lately!
Whenever I have bananas that have ripened too much I throw them in the freezer to use in smoothies or in this banana bread recipe (just let them thaw before baking). This is my mom’s classic banana bread recipe which I converted to be gluten free. It will yield about 18 cupcakes or 1 loaf of bread. Enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- 3 mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, beat egg and sugar together.
- Beat in butter to egg and sugar mixture.
- Add flour, baking soda, bananas and salt to mixture.
- Bake muffins for about 15 minutes.