- 1.5 cups of Almonds
- 1 pound of unsalted butter (4 sticks)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 bag (12 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt flakes
- Chop up almonds by pulsing them in a food processor.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone pad.
- Sprinkle half of the almonds onto the baking sheet.
- In a large saucepan, over low heat add the butter, salt and sugar.
- Turn heat up to medium/high, stir occasionally, to melt the mixture and bring it to a boil. It is ready when it turns an almond brown color, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over the almonds on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and use a spatula to spread the chocolate around.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped almonds over the top of the chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes over the top.
- Let it cool completely and then cut into squares.