- 1 can (14.5 oz) whole tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1.5 tablespoons canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup of cooked and shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken to make it real easy)
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño
- Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Tortilla Strips or Chips
- Blend the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and chipotle peppers together in a blender or food processor. Add a 1/4 cup of chicken broth and blend until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and stir in the remaining chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chicken breast and continue to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowl and top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, avocado chunks, jalapeño slices, tortilla strips and shredded cheese.
Recipe adapted from No Biggie.