As promised here is the recipe for the Coconut Macaroons I made yesterday. The kraft takeout boxes were the perfect transportation for the macaroons to the BBQ party.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) unsweetened flaked coconut
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (about 4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper (or coat generously with nonstick cooking spray).
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, and salt until frothy. With a fork, stir in coconut until moistened.
- Drop mixture by packed level tablespoons onto prepared sheet (cookies will not spread). Bake until lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave (20 second intervals) and then drizzle over macaroons.
Original recipe from Martha Stewart (I use unsweetened coconut vs. sweetened)
One thought on “Coconut Macaroons”