I chopped my locks off in the beginning of January and love it! This cut is so fresh and fun. I’m calling it now, the bob is the cut of 2014. Will you take the plunge and chop it all off?
Farmer’s Market Essentials
Top Fall Picks from J.Crew
Summer Entertaining: The Goods
- Blue Mason Jars – I stocked up on the limited edition blue mason jars. These blue beauties have multi-uses as vases, drinking cups, infusing alcohol (see #8), etc.
- Drink Tub – The tub makes it easy for guests to serve themselves.
- Pitcher – I prefer this stainless steel pitcher over a glass one, never have to worry about it breaking.
- Large Wood Cutting Board – Another multi-use item in my kitchen. I recently bought one of these and have used it as a serving piece for appetizers, part of a bar setup and as a center piece on a table.
- Ikat Bowls – Add a pop of color to the table with these bowls.
- Ice Cream Attachment – This KitchenAid attachment has been on my wish list for awhile now. I have a bunch of recipes saved for the day when I actually get one.
- Kraft Paper – If you haven’t noticed I like to use kraft paper a lot. It’s a inexpensive material with endless uses.
- Jalapeno Infused Tequila – I’m attempting to make my own version this weekend. I’ll post the recipe on the blog soon!
- Myspace – I’m still trying to figure out the new Myspace interface but still digging it. Here are the songs I have on repeat this summer.
I pretty much live in maxi shirts during the summer; they keep you looking stylish even in the heat. My go-to outfit is pairing it with a tank top and statement necklace. These skirts are so versatile, which make them a perfect piece when traveling light. Here are some other options on how to wear a maxi skirt for different occasions:
- BBQ/Summer Party: White tank & denim vest
- Date Night: Add a statement necklace
- Day of Shopping: Simple gray t-shirt & flip flops
- Office: Sleeveless dress shirt, belt & wedges
- Girls’ Night Out: Leather jacket & heels
- Traveling: Chambray shirt
How To Tie A Bow Tie
Ladies, who can resist a guy in a suit, especially one in a tux? Maybe its Justin Timberlake bringing the classic back with his Suit & Tie song, the rise of the folk rock hipster artists like Mumford & Sons or inspiration from The Great Gatsby movie but the bow tie seems to be making a major comeback. This week’s video I’ll show you how master tying a bow tie on your significant other.
Gentlemen, finally a tutorial for you! Check out the second half of the video and learn how to tie the bow tie on yourself.
Leave a comment and let me know how your bow tie turns out.
I’ve gotten a lot of requests for more style features, so here you go!
I’m currently obsessing over the Chambray shirt. This All-American classic is a staple in my closet and can be mixed into any style. Go classic like Ashley Olsen did by just tucking it into black skinny jeans or more edgy by layering it underneath a vest and pairing it with chunky gold jewelry. I also love wearing this shirt as a jacket, its light weight and perfect for those summer nights.