I made the Mimosa Jello Shots for the New Year’s Eve party I hosted and was surprised how much of a hit these were. I saw this recipe on Pinterest but decided to put my own twist on it and use Orange flavored gelatin. I will admit I did not get those perfectly cut squares that they show in their photo, instead I suggest using the clear plastic shots glasses for serving.
- 1 package of Orange Gelatin (Jello)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 cup of chilled champagne (I used Cava – Spanish Sparkling Wine)
- Combine gelatin and boiling water in a bowl. Stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Let it sit and come to room temperature.
- Slowly pour in the chilled champagne.
- Pour into clear shot glasses until they are about 3/4 filled and set in refrigerator to chill, about 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with shimmer sugar right before serving. Note, that the sugar dissolves quickly once on the jello.
Enjoying reliving the college days in a more grown up style.
Originally posted here: http://www.perpetuallyengaged.com/2011/12/champagne-jello-shots.html