I’m so excited to finally make it to the farmer’s market this morning! I put air in my bike tires, a stop at Starbucks (hence the new mug holder added to the bike) and I’m on my way! On the shopping list is items to make pickled vegetables. I received the Food in Jars book for my birthday and I’ve been dying to test out some of the recipes.
Kale Chips are my new favorite snack. They are easy to make, gluten free and healthy. I like to use the packaged Kale from Trader Joes, it is already washed and cut up! Otherwise, I pick up about 4 bunches at the farmer’s market. This snack doesn’t last more than a day in my house.
- Kale (4 bunches)
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread out kale onto cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle chopped garlic across kale.
- Season with sea salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Keep a close eye on the kale as it can burn easily. It’s ready when the edges start to brown.
Benefits of Kale*:
- Low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat
- High in iron
- High in Vitamin K
- Filled with powerful antioxidants
- Great anti-inflammatory
- Great for cardiovascular support
- High in Vitamin A
- High in Vitamin C
- High in Calcium
- Great detox food