It’s March Madness, perfect time for snacking on chips and dips. Honestly, if I could live off of chips & dips I would, but I can’t…This dip is perfect for a party and works well served with potato chips. I made slight variations to the original recipe, adding in more fresh herbs and using Vegan mayo, but regular mayo will would perfectly. Also, any recipes lately that ask for sour cream I’ve been substituting with greek yogurt as a healthier alternative. Sorry, I don’t have photos to post!
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Yellow Onions, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Sour Cream (or Greek Yogurt)
- 3/4 cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Parsely, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Chives, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Add oil in a saute pan over medium heat, add onions and salt. Cook the onions until they are caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients, and then add the cooled onions.
- Put dip in refrigerator to chill for an hour or make it the night before the party. Serve with potato chips.
Recipe adapted from What’s Cooking Chicago?