I love this recipe because it takes the messiness out of eating a dip since you have the spinach and artichoke filling in individual cups. I haven’t found gluten free wontons yet, so if you want to make this gluten free, forget the wonton cups and just serve the filling with tortilla chips. If you do this I suggest making it a bit more creamier by adding additional greek yogurt. Plus, it’s a much lighter version of a traditional spinach & artichoke dip.
- 1 Package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 Can of artichokes in water, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegan Mayo
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1/2 Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wonton Wrappers (these are not gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a muffin pan, place a wonton into each tin and press down to form the cup shape (they don’t have to be perfect). Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the wonton tips are a light brown. You can make these wonton cups a few days in advance, just store in a zip lock bag.
- Make sure the chopped spinach and artichokes are drained well. Use a paper towel to press out any excess water.
- Mix all filling ingredients together in large bowl.
- Fill wonton cups with mixture. Don’t fill the cups more than 30 minutes in advance otherwise the wontons will get soggy.
Adapted from this original recipe.