I have to be honest…things have been so incredibly busy lately that it didn’t leave me much time to prep for this tutorial. I pretty much did the design on the fly. I still think is turned out pretty badass though! Oh, did I mention that I used chalkboard paint so I can easily write down my to-do list right on my desktop!?! Just in case I happen to leave anything out, please feel free to ask questions in the comments below.
Chalkboard Paint Ideas for Home Decor
Chalkboard paint is starting to be a staple in home decor because of it’s versatility and functionality. This video was another request from a YouTube viewer who wanted to see some ideas on different ways to use chalkboard paint around the home. Leave a comment below and let me know how you have decorated with chalkboard paint!
DIY Chalkboard Platter
Here is the last video from the first set of DIY entertaining tutorials – check out the many uses for a chalkboard platter. Warning: this was the very first one that we shot, so clearly I had some warming up to do! It got a little easier the second time around, I just reviewed the rough cuts of the wedding tutorials and can’t wait for you all to see them.
- Paint Brush
Total cost: Under $20
Time: 20 minutes (minus drying time)
- Make sure the plate is clean and dry.
- Paint the inner edge of the plate. Be sure to follow the directions of the chalkboard paint you are using, The Martha Stewart chalkboard paint requires you to wait at least 1 hour before doing the second coat.
- Write with the chalk to describe what you are displaying.
Various uses for the chalkboard platter:
- Cheese Serving Plate
- Beer (or your alcohol of choice) Tasting Platter
- Perfume Display
- Turn it into a housewarming gift by including cheese knives, a monogrammed dish towel and a chalkboard pen. I also like the idea of writing the last name of the new home owner on the bottom of the platter, for example “The Brown House Est. 2013.”