Here is the last video from the first set of DIY entertaining tutorials – check out the many uses for a chalkboard platter. Warning: this was the very first one that we shot, so clearly I had some warming up to do! It got a little easier the second time around, I just reviewed the rough cuts of the wedding tutorials and can’t wait for you all to see them.
- Paint Brush
Total cost: Under $20
Time: 20 minutes (minus drying time)
- Make sure the plate is clean and dry.
- Paint the inner edge of the plate. Be sure to follow the directions of the chalkboard paint you are using, The Martha Stewart chalkboard paint requires you to wait at least 1 hour before doing the second coat.
- Write with the chalk to describe what you are displaying.
Various uses for the chalkboard platter:
- Cheese Serving Plate
- Beer (or your alcohol of choice) Tasting Platter
- Perfume Display
- Turn it into a housewarming gift by including cheese knives, a monogrammed dish towel and a chalkboard pen. I also like the idea of writing the last name of the new home owner on the bottom of the platter, for example “The Brown House Est. 2013.”